July is #Nationalicecreammonth and to celebrate we are bringing you this awesome dessert made with our Pure Caramel ice cream and pineapple.
To make pineapple and ice cream sundaes with warm sauce you need (serves 2)
- 4 fresh pineapple spears (about 8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 teaspoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 4 scoops Cecily’s caramel ice cream cream or low-fat frozen yogurt
- 4 gingersnap cookies, crushed
- Preheat oven to 180°. Place pineapple in 1-qt. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the coconut sugar, rum and ginger; spoon over pineapple. Dot with butter.
Bake, uncovered, until pineapple is lightly browned and sauce is bubbly, 8-10 minutes.
- Place Cecily’s ice cream in 2 dessert dishes; top with pineapple and sauce. Serve immediately with crushed cookies.
- Box it off & enjoy